2.49b Bugfix Release
* Update for new OpenAL windows library.
* Update Japanese translation.
* Upgrade extern/xvidcore to version 1.22. This fixes Xvid crashing on linux 64 bit.
* Updated Blender/Python API and GameEngine docs. http://www.blender.org/documentation/249PythonDoc
* Python Script Pack and Example Files.
* SoftBody, vertex groups were not notified on deletion & fixes for Mass and Spring Painting
* Softbody, non mesh objects missing initializers [bug #18982]
* Self Shadow Vertex Colors, improved blur method to give more even results.
* Converting nurbs to a mesh ignored smoothing for Alt+C and from python.
* Object Active to Other, Fix python error when running in local view.
* Ancient resource leak where checkPackedFile would open a file and never close it.
* Fix for uninitialized memory use with X11 keyboard and tablet events.
* Fix for building with CLang (LLVM)
* Using LightGroups override for material doesn't work for preview renders.
* Render Stamp, error in setting the alpha value when drawing text into a char buffer.
* Lumma Matte, Fix in low value setting.
Originally checked against the wrong channel (chroma) instead of the luminence channel. Changed default value for high value to 1.0 from 0.0
* Baking selected to active with nearby dupliframes objects crashes blender [bug #19029]
* Fix for high energy sunlamps, turning specular black [bug #18837]
Game Engine Bugs:
* Saving runtime on Windows didn't work with python2.6
* Let IPO's animate the ref value for KX_BlenderMaterial's
Game Engine Python Bugs:
* Converting a mesh from a python argument was broken but happened to work in some cases.
* Memory leak fix for action.channelNames.
* Was writing to freed memory when freeing a python object in some cases.
* Removing GameLogic.EvalExpression(), was unstable.
* Crash fix when casting a ray to the same location as the object.
* Fixed KX_PolyProxy returning improper VertexIndex with mixed triangles and quads with using .getVertexIndex() and .v1, .v2, etc. [bug #19254]
* Fixed obj.sendMessage() with 4 arguments crashing blender [bug #18963]
Game Engine Bullet Bugs:
* Crash fix when a parent compound object didn't have a physics controller.
* Fix for the torque actuator x -& y-axis not working.
* IPO curve-deletion resulted in non-working effect
* easy retiming only allowed enlarging of strips, now shrinking is also possible (easy retiming: use the right display handle of input strip and shrink or enlarge, will make the speed of the strip exactly fit the effect strip's length)
* frames after end-of-display of input strips can now be accessed.
* frame blending can now be done on more than two frames, enabling really fine grained motion blur if you speed up a sequence with high factors (bigger than two).
* Scene-Strip rendering with compositor scenes failed, if they had no camera attached.
* Fixed hdd-audio for sample formats other than 16 bit (8 bit eg).
* FBX Export, Incorrect formatting that broke some converters.
* BVH Motion Capture Import, Did not support single rigid body objects. [bug #18949]
* OBJ Import, fix for importing of transparent faces from .mtl files - ZTrans now is set for them as well. (improves import from SketchUp)
* Collada export, Empty material slot would raise a python error.
* Collada import, fixes for increased Sketchup interoperability and more.
* Quake MAP Export, empty nodes were not exported, also noticed files were invalid if there were no meshes or surfaces.
* Quake MAP Export, had support for single triangular brush unnecessarily disabled.
* Quake MD2 Export, Fix for vertex normals [patch #19206]
* Mathutils (quat_a*quat_b) was broken, returned (quat_a*quat_a) instead.
* Support for editing properties IpoCurve.driverBone and IpoCurve.driverBone2 and modifies IpoCurve.driverChannel to allow OB_ROT_DIFF.
* Documentation corrections.
* Support for rendering background scenes different from the active scene.
* scene.render.render() now behaves the same in interactive and background mode
* scene.render.saveRenderedImage() now works correctly in background mode
* Armature active bone can be set.
* 16bit SGI image loading
* When BLENDER_FORCE_SWAPBUFFERS env variable is defined, a function is enabled that fixes flickering for some Intel and Radeon cards.
* Python API - Particles
o Draw As variable and dict
o Strand render toggle
o Object, psys variable in duplicate
o Material, Strand render variables
o Texture, Use colorbands
o Lamp, Spot buffer type selection
* Game Engine Physics support for reinstancePhysics mesh from Python and the dynamic actuator.
o ReplaceMesh Actuator option to replace the physics mesh and display mesh + python api options.
o Video and blend file demo. http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/reinstance.ogv http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman4 ... demo.blend
* Mouse focus sensor "pulse" option to pulse TRUE when the object under the mouse changes.
* EDL importer for the sequencer. supports...
o audio, video edits
o fades, wipes, speed changes (video only)
o importing from multiple reels
Example import from final cut pro. http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman4 ... der_px.png http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman4 ... ort_ui.png