In an effort to reconnect with this awesome community, il try and maintain a topic describing my current works.
The game being the subject of this topic is called "Sacrifice of a hero".
as you can see by the name of this topic, I am optimist as usual.Game mechanic :
- the game take place into an Asian looking ancient fortified town (just so you know).
- enemies break into the town, player kill enemies.
- the game only end by the death of the player (always, thus the title).
- enemies never stop coming, and this, in greater number or strength (or even smarter) every wave.
- the player fight enemies by the use of his fist/ weapons / trowable items scattered around the map (boxes, pots, he can even trow enemies at other enemies)
- you see your character from the 3PS view.
- the peasants of the town are all locked into their houses (the houses are barricaded too).
- the game is played using only a keyboard or a gamepad (yell all you want)Screenshots :
That is all the visual content we have so farThe game so far :Sacrifice of a hero - 42 - Launcher Sketched.zipControls :
- ASDW or arrows to move
- Space to jump
- Numpad 0 to grab / trow stuff
- Key 1 - 2 - 3 to add stuff to scene
- Key 4 to delete stuff
- Key R to restart the game
- Key C to switch resolution
- Numpad 9 switch wireframe mode on/off.Current development task (due 2015-01-01) :
- Artificial intelligenceLast feature added (2011-10-19) :
- Collision layers (masks) :
Stuff don't collide necessarily with anything anymore. By example, upon breaking a jar it will be automatically replaced by smaller pieces of that jar that will only collide with the ground or the buildings (cannot collide with characters).
Feel free to comment, and if you want to help, you are welcome to do so, il add whatever you give me in the game instantly if it merge enough with the rest of the game.
...but keep in mind this project isn't gonna reach completion ever.
...so just try and have fun.