Before I begin if swomeone wishes to take over the project email me at email@example.com
and I will help you get a good start in bringing Blender-boot back to life. Blender-boot 2 was coming together very nicely until the cheleb svn Blender PPA went down (check the bottom of this post for a PPA that updates Blender once a week, best there is for now), I have tried finding a way to set up a Blender-boot PPA but I cant justify the time it would take to run it and also I have lost passion in the project for the reasons below.
- I am disabled so I need to work on projects that will earn me money, as I dont want to live on benefits.
- Blender-boot was completely advertising free website and the distro itself (most distros make money from things like Google custom search)
- There was not a single donation to Blender-boot in its lifetime.
- I had next to no feedback or bug reports to go by, a couple of awesome people helped and I thank them.
- I made the project open from the start and no one volunteered to help with th building of the distro. Again a couple of people helped with art and the website/forum
- The distro was way too niche for most and was not really going to get anywhere without everything listed above
Sorry guys I thought I could carry on doing this just to help fellow Blender fans, I am sorry that it became too much work with little to no reward.
PPA that updates Blender once a week
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:irie/blender
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Thankyou to everyone that was involved in this project in anyway, even if it was just using it that still meant a lot to me