In my limited time in the last few months I have been working on this scene on and off as I found time, motivation, and inspiration for it.
The scene is supposed to depict a coldwar era Soviet spy after a successful mission to secure highly advanced enemy tech from some research facility.(Please click twice to see it in higher resolution)
Some random details:
*One thing I'm quite proud of is the note sheets lying about. I drew those by hand on paper, then then took photos of them so I could use them in Blender. I had someone translate some technical text I gave them into russian which I then copied onto the notes. ловушка для частиц!
*This whole scene began as a simple pistol model. A long time ago I saved reference pictures for This Czechoslovakian pistol
in the hope that some day I would know how to model it. So recently I saw the pictures again, figured I would be able to pull it off, so I tried it, and it turned out better than I had hoped! I then made that micro-cam from refs found on ebay, and the rest slowly followed.
*This was my first proper project in Blender 2.6 which I used for pretty much everything including most of the post-processing. Photoshop was used to fix a few artifacts, and to add the border and signature.
This scene could likely still be improved, but for now I am calling it done for now.
Many thanks to BillyMcGuff for rendering the high resolution file for me on his fast PC, and also to all those in the S&D thread on Blender Newbies, as well as those in the Blender Newbies IRC channel for providing input and feedback on ideas and changes made. Thank you! *bows*
A .Blend of the pistol is freely available for download on BlendSwap.
You can see lots of great WIP pictures here.